Philadelphia Surgical Error Lawyer
Aggressive Surgical Negligence Attorney In Conshohocken, PA Representing Victims of Surgical Errors in Montgomery County, King of Prussia, Norristown, and Throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey
There are many risks associated with surgical procedures. Surgeons and other medical professionals undergo years of training to ensure that they can provide patients with the care they need. In most instances, medical professionals are able to get patients through surgical procedures successfully. However, when an error occurs, it can result in serious injuries and sometimes fatalities. If you have been the victim of a preventable surgical error, you should seek the guidance and representation of an experienced Philadelphia surgical error lawyer to recover the compensation you deserve.
The team at Villari, Giannone and Matteo represents victims of surgical malpractice in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We know how complex making a surgical error claim can be. We work with medical experts to establish negligence and liability. You can rely on our experience and in-depth knowledge of the law to defend your right to compensation and ensure that those responsible for your injuries are held accountable.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced surgical negligence attorney in Conshohocken, PA. We offer high-quality legal services on a contingency fee basis. We will fight on your behalf and do all the work while you focus on your recovery.
Common Surgical Errors
Surgical procedures come with many risks. Patients can suffer complications as a result of the risks associated with the surgical procedure they received. Patients can also suffer injuries as a result of errors committed in the operating room. Surgical errors are defined as mistakes that occur during surgical procedures. These mistakes are avoidable and may occur as a result of negligence on the part of the surgeon or other medical staff. Some common surgical errors include:
- Failing to properly sanitize surgical equipment
- Using outdated equipment or tools
- Poor scheduling of surgical procedures resulting in exhaustion of medical staff
- Failing to take the patient’s medical history
- Failing to obtain informed consent
- Operating on the wrong site
- Performing the wrong surgical procedure
- Performing a surgical procedure on the wrong patient
- Leaving surgical instruments in the patient’s body
- Amputating the wrong limb
Some of the most common reasons for surgical errors include:
- Inexperience of surgeons or other medical staff
- Insufficient planning
- Poor communication
- Inadequate training
- Performing surgical procedures while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Taking shortcuts during surgical procedures
- Using outdated equipment or tools
- And many more
Whatever the reason for the surgical error, our team will work to uncover how the surgical error occurred and who ought to be held accountable. We will work to ensure that justice is served and that you receive adequate compensation for your injuries. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Philadelphia surgical error lawyer.
Contact Villari, Giannone and Matteo to Schedule Free Consultation with an Experienced Philadelphia Surgical Error Lawyer
Surgeons and other medical staff undergo years of training to ensure that they can provide the required standard of care to their patients. Errors in the operating room can lead to unwarranted pain and suffering for victims and their loved ones. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a surgical error, you may be able to hold the medical professional as well as the healthcare facility responsible for your injuries.
We at Villari, Brandes & Gionnone, P.C. provide surgical malpractice victims with the opportunity to consult with an experienced surgical negligence attorney in Conshohocken, PA for free. We will review your case and refer to our medical experts to determine your rights and options. You can rely on our experience and commitment to fight for the best outcome in your case.
Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Surgical Errors in Philadelphia
When errors occur during a surgical procedure, they can have serious consequences on the patient as well as their loved ones. It is only just that victims seek compensation for their injuries. Proving negligence in a surgical error case can be a challenge. You will have to show that:
1. There was a doctor-patient relationship between you and the doctor or surgeon that was responsible for the error
2. The doctor had a duty of care towards you not to cause harm
3. The medical professional breached their duty of care and this deviation from the standard of care the was required of them resulted in your injury
4. That you suffered damages including pain and suffering, additional medical expenses and loss of income as a result of the injuries.
The team at Villari, Giannone and Matteo will carry out thorough investigations and work with medical experts to develop the evidence required to support your claim. We will work hard to identify the liable party and demonstrate the consequences of their negligence. We will ensure that the at-fault party is held accountable.
There are various damages available for surgical errors that lead to malpractice claims. The specific type of damages that you can recover will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. Some of the most common types of damages recovered for surgical error cases include:
1. Economic damages – these include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of the capacity to earn, funeral expenses, cost of long-term care, and the cost of rehabilitation.
2. Non-economic damages – these include the compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of quality of life, loss of companionship, permanent disfigurement or scarring, and physical impairment.
3. Punitive damages – these are not actually awarded to the victim. They are a punishment to the at-fault party and are often only given when the malpractice was willful or the result of gross misconduct.
It is important to work with an experienced Philadelphia surgical error lawyer to identify the damages that you are eligible to recover. The team at Villari, Giannone and Matteo will fight to recover maximum compensation on your behalf.
- "Want to thank all of you once again not only for your professional services but your friendship and feeling like family through all of these past four years as we fought to rebuild Stefanie's life. I could not have made a better choice for helping us through this ordeal."
- "They are all very helpful, caring and they do everything to try to make sure you as a client are OK and get you what you deserve. I would recommend them to anyone. They are a great law firm."
- "I will happily be recommending your firm to anyone who may need your help in the future because of Jen, Eric and Brian."