Types Of Truck Accidents
Our attorneys handle underride, jackknife and rear-end accidents
Truck accidents can cover a wide range. And a variety of causes can influence what kind of accident occurs – from bad road conditions to hazardous weather, poor truck maintenance, and inexperienced truck drivers.
Whatever type of truck accident you’re dealing with, it’s critical that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve for your accident. Otherwise, you could end up having to pay for someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior.
That’s why it’s important that you talk to Villari, Brandes & Giannone, P.C. as soon as possible. We can walk you through all your legal options. That way, you can decide what’s the best strategy for addressing all your legal issues.
Common truck accidents
There are many different kinds of truck accidents. Some of the most common – and most serious – truck accidents we deal with at our law firm include:
- Rear-end truck accidents – Trucks need more time to slow down and stop. As a result, many accidents involve trucks crashing into the rear end of other vehicles.
- Head-on collisions – Tractor-trailers and other large trucks sometimes crash head-on into other vehicles, resulting in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Pedestrian accidents – When large trucks or buses come to a stop or turn at an intersection, they sometimes overlook pedestrians crossing the street, resulting in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Jackknife truck accidents – This type of accident involves the trailer of tractor trailer folding in on the cab of the truck, forming a V-shaped angle that can crush cars.
- Rollover truck accidents – Tractor-trailer trucks can easily roll over. That’s why people loading the trucks need to make sure the contents are properly secured.
- Underride truck accidents – When tractor-trailers stop or slow down without warning, cars behind the truck sometimes crash into the truck, becoming stuck under the trailer.
- Highway truck accidents – Speeding trucks on congested highways often cause serious highway truck accidents. Other times, tired truck drivers cause interstate truck crashes.
Whatever the circumstances of your truck accident, we can help you every step of the way.
Your legal rights
You might think you don’t need a lawyer if a truck driver caused your motor vehicle accident. All you have to do is contact the police, your insurance company and wait for an offer from the trucking company or the truck driver’s insurance company.
Don’t count on it. In most cases, most truck accidents turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect. That’s because truck drivers, trucking companies, and their insurance companies often deny any wrongdoing. They may even try to blame you for causing your crash.
They don’t scare us. We know how to take on trucking companies and insurance companies and know how to win. And if they refuse to cooperate, we’re prepared to take them to court. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation today.
- "Want to thank all of you once again not only for your professional services but your friendship and feeling like family through all of these past four years as we fought to rebuild Stefanie's life. I could not have made a better choice for helping us through this ordeal."
- "They are all very helpful, caring and they do everything to try to make sure you as a client are OK and get you what you deserve. I would recommend them to anyone. They are a great law firm."
- "I will happily be recommending your firm to anyone who may need your help in the future because of Jen, Eric and Brian."