Philadelphia Dog Bites to Children Accident Lawyer
Child Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Conshohocken fights to Recover Compensation on Behalf of Families of Children Injured in Dog Attacks in King of Prussia, Norristown, Montgomery County, and Throughout Pennsylvania as well as New Jersey
Dogs are man’s best friend. However, dogs can be unpredictable. Dogs can attack a person that they see as a threat. They may also attack for no reason at all. Some attack simply because it is their nature. Every year, about 4.5 million people throughout the country are reportedly bitten by dogs. Children under 12 years make up one in every five dog bite victims. If your child has been the victim of a dog attack, you can recover compensation for their injury and other damages with the help of an experienced Philadelphia dog bites to children accident lawyer from Villari, Giannone and Matteo.
Dog Bite Laws in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania applies a one-bite rule law. Under this law, dog owners of dogs that have attacked a person previously are required to take reasonable measures to prevent another attack. For example, the dog should be secured on a leash when out in public. The dog should also be secured within the dog owner’s residence while it is at home.
Under Pennsylvania law, the dog owner can be held liable for the medical expenses of the victim after the first biting incident. If the first bite by the dog results in severe injuries such as a bone fracture, the victim can seek full compensation for their injuries.
If a dog owner keeps a dog knowing that the dog has a history of attacking unprovoked or being used in carrying out a crime, they can be charged with a misdemeanor for harboring a dangerous dog. Such as dogs must be muzzled in public and secured at their home in a way that they cannot escape. The dog owner must also post sufficient warning signs around their property. Such a dog owner must also carry a $50,000 liability insurance to cover injuries that their dog may cause.
What to Do When A Dog Bites Your Child
It can be especially distressing to find that your child has been bitten by a dog. However, it is important to act quickly for the health of your child as well as to ensure you can recover compensation for their injuries.
- Seek medical attention for your child as soon as possible to avoid infection and ensure your child gets the right treatment.
- Obtain the contact information of the dog owner. This should include their name, phone number, address as well as insurance information.
- Report the dog bite to the local animal control authorities. They will have records of any previous attacks by the dog. Reporting the dog bite will help to support your claim.
- Contact Villari, Giannone and Matteo to consult with an experienced Philadelphia dog bites to children accident lawyer. We offer a free consultation for families of children that have suffered dog bite injuries. We will get started working on your case right away and build a strong case on your behalf. We will ensure you recover just compensation for your child’s injuries.
Reach Out to Villari, Giannone and Matteo for Consultation with an Experienced Philadelphia Dog Bites to Children Accident Lawyer
Was your child attacked by a dog? Have they suffered injuries as a result of the attack? Dog attacks can be especially traumatizing to children. Fortunately, you can file a claim to recover financial compensation for your losses and help your child get the best care possible. Contact Villari, Giannone and Matteo to schedule a consultation with an experienced child dog bite injury attorney in Conshohocken, PA.
We offer a free consultation to help families of children attacked by dogs understand their rights and options. Our legal team is highly experienced and skilled. We will work to recover maximum compensation on your family’s behalf. Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation and take the first step towards recovering compensation for your child’s injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dog Bites to Children Accidents in Philadelphia
Yes. The statute of limitations for dog bites in Pennsylvania is two years. If you fail to file for compensation for your child’s injury within this period, you may not be able to recover compensation. This period begins from the date of the accident.
The statute of limitations for dog bite injuries may be extended or delayed for attacks involving children. This is because children are minors and cannot, therefore, take legal action on their own behalf. The statute of limitations can therefore be delayed to their eighteenth birthday. At this point, the child may choose to pursue legal action against the liable party. The statute of limitations for pursuing compensation will therefore begin on their eighteenth birthday.
If your child has been the victim of a dog attack or if you were the victim of a dog attack as a child, contact Villari, Giannone and Matteo to consult with an experienced child dog bite injury attorney in Conshohocken, PA and learn about your rights and options.
Yes. Many people are hesitant to hire an attorney for a claim when their children are injured on a friend’s or relative’s property. However, you should remember that the claim will not be made against your friend directly but against their home insurance. The insurance company may not be willing to pay the insurance and incur a loss. It is therefore important to seek the guidance and representation of an experienced attorney. This will ensure that you can recover just compensation.
Contact Villari, Giannone and Matteo to consult with an experienced Philadelphia dog bites to children accident lawyer and get started with recovering compensation on behalf of your injured child.
- "Want to thank all of you once again not only for your professional services but your friendship and feeling like family through all of these past four years as we fought to rebuild Stefanie's life. I could not have made a better choice for helping us through this ordeal."
- "They are all very helpful, caring and they do everything to try to make sure you as a client are OK and get you what you deserve. I would recommend them to anyone. They are a great law firm."
- "I will happily be recommending your firm to anyone who may need your help in the future because of Jen, Eric and Brian."