Philadelphia Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Our TBI and concussion attorneys demand justice
Head injuries can turn a person’s life upside down in an instant. Even a so-called mild head injury can leave someone unable to work or do many of the things all of us take for granted for weeks, months or even for the rest of their lives.
That’s especially true if you or a loved one sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Common TBIs include:
- Concussions (brain trauma caused by direct blow to head)
- Contusions (bruise or bleeding in brain)
- Closed head injury (TBI in which skull remains intact)
- Open head injury (penetrating head injury in which object breaks through skull)
- Second impact syndrome (recurrent TBI, occurs when injury victim sustains second TBI before realizing he or she has a TBI)
- Anoxic Brain Injury (TBI caused by lack of oxygen to brain)
- Hypoxic Brain Injury (TBI caused by reduced oxygen and blood flow to brain)
- Chronic Headache Syndrome
- Visual disturbances or even loss of vision
- Chronic fatigue
No matter what type of brain injury you’re dealing with, make sure you make your case matter right from the start. Make sure you contact Villari, Giannone and Matteo of Philadelphia. We handle cases throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Causes of head injuries
There are many reasons why traumatic brain injuries occur. Some of the most common causes of TBIs include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports and other athletic activities
- Slip and fall accidents
- Physical assault
Whatever the cause of your TBI, contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with us.
Why choose us
The laws involving TBIs change constantly. In Pennsylvania, recent court cases have affected who’s eligible to seek financial compensation for head injuries. In particular, students who played sports and sustained a head injury during a game or practice may be able to take legal action against individual schools or athletic associations like the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA).
Gathering evidence proving that someone else’s reckless or negligent actions resulted in your traumatic brain injury can be challenging. In most cases, the person or business responsible for your injury will deny doing anything wrong. They may even try to claim that you were solely responsible for your injury.
That’s why you need an experienced personal injury attorney who understands the law and will put your best interests first. Otherwise, you could end up having to pay for all your TBI-related expenses yourself, including medical bills, lost wages and lost future wages. This might be your only opportunity to obtain the money you deserve. Don’t delay. Schedule a free consultation today with our law firm.
- "Want to thank all of you once again not only for your professional services but your friendship and feeling like family through all of these past four years as we fought to rebuild Stefanie's life. I could not have made a better choice for helping us through this ordeal."
- "They are all very helpful, caring and they do everything to try to make sure you as a client are OK and get you what you deserve. I would recommend them to anyone. They are a great law firm."
- "I will happily be recommending your firm to anyone who may need your help in the future because of Jen, Eric and Brian."