Philadelphia Falls and Fractures Lawyer
Experienced and Skilled Philadelphia Falls and Fractures Lawyer Fighting on Behalf of the Vulnerable In Pennsylvania and Throughout New Jersey
The elderly are vulnerable members of society. They often require assistance and supervision in their day-to-day activities to ensure their safety. It is for this reason that many people make the difficult decision of having their elderly loved ones become residents in nursing homes. We believe that the professionals at these facilities can provide the care that we are unable to. However, nursing homes don’t always meet their duty for care. When they fail to provide the required care it can result in a wide variety of injuries including fall and fracture injuries. When this happens, an experienced Philadelphia falls and fractures lawyer from Villari, Brandes and Giannone, P.C. can help you seek financial compensation and justice for the injuries.
Our attorneys are committed to defending the rights of nursing home negligence victims. We will investigate your claim to determine the cause of the injuries. We work with medical experts to determine the extent of the injuries and their impact. Our team will build a strong claim on your behalf and fight to get the best outcome in your case.
Contact Villari, Brandes and Giannone, P.C. to learn about your rights and options. We offer free case reviews that provide clients with invaluable insights into their cases so they can make better decisions and improve their chances of recovering compensation for damages resulting from the injury.
Common Reasons for Nursing Home Falls and Fractures
Falls are fracture injuries in nursing homes are often the result of negligence on the part of the nursing home staff or management. Some of the most common reasons for falls and fractures occurring to nursing home residents include:
- Employee neglect – This may include not responding to calls for help by residents, failing to provide residents with assistance in moving about, nursing home staff being impatient with residents and trying to rush the residents, or nursing home staff failing to adhere to safety protocols when assisting the elderly.
- Hazardous environment – Nursing homes have the responsibility to provide a safe environment for their residents. Hazardous conditions such as obstructions in walkways, poorly lit walkways, and tears in carpets can result in trips and falls.
- Lack of safety equipment – Many residents of nursing homes struggle with mobility. Nursing homes are therefore required to furnish the residents with equipment to ensure their safety and assist with their mobility. This includes bed rails, side rails, walkers, wheelchairs, cane, and harnesses. Failure to do so can result in falls and fractures while residents that have mobility problems are trying to get around.
- Errors in medication – Errors in medication such as overdosing or administering the wrong medication can impair the mobility of nursing home residents. This in turn results in falls that cause fractures.
The team at Villari, Brandes and Giannone, P.C. will work to establish the cause of the accident and determine who can be held liable. We will ensure those who are responsible for the injuries are held accountable.
Contact Villari, Brandes and Giannone, P.C. to Speak with an Experienced Philadelphia Falls and Fractures Lawyer
Have you or a loved one suffered a fall and fracture injury while being a resident in a nursing home? You may be able to recover compensation for the injuries. Contact Villari, Brandes and Giannone, P.C. to consult with an experienced Philadelphia falls and fractures lawyer. We offer free consultations designed to help the vulnerable better understand their rights and options.
Contact Villari, Brandes and Giannone, P.C. to schedule your appointment and get started with seeking compensation and justice for injuries resulting from negligence. Our team will fight on your behalf and work for the best outcome in your case.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fall and Fracture Injuries in Philadelphia
Falls and fractures are more serious for the elderly as they are weakened by the aging process as well as various other conditions they may be suffering. When an elderly person falls, they suffer more severe bruising. It can also result in devastating injuries such as torn muscles and bone fractures. Because of their age and other underlying conditions, healing from these injuries isn’t as fast or as smooth as if the same injury had occurred to a younger person. In addition, treating a fall and fracture injury in an elderly person often involves aggressive methods such as surgery. This makes the recovery even more daunting and possibly life-threatening.
If you or a loved one has suffered a fall and fracture injury while under the care of a nursing home, it is important to hold those responsible for the accident accountable for their actions. Contact Villari, Brandes & Giannone, P.C. for a free consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable Philadelphia falls and fractures lawyer and learn about your rights and options.
Fall and fracture injuries occurring to nursing home residents are often the result of negligence on the part of the nursing home staff or management. This means that many of the falls and fractures cases are preventable. There are several ways that nursing homes can prevent these injuries from occurring to their residents.
— Staff should always provide residents with the proper level of assistance e.g. when moving from chair to bed or bed to chair or when in the bathroom.
— Nursing homes should provide equipment to promote safety for residents when moving e.g. side rails, raised rails on beds, walkers, and wheelchairs
— Nursing home staff should adhere to safety protocols when assisting the elderly e.g. nursing home staff should be taught the proper way to lift an elderly person in order to avoid injury
— Nursing homes should provide proper supervision of the elderly to avoid accidents e.g. ensure there the nursing home is adequately staffed or install bed monitors.
If you or a loved one has suffered a fall and fractures injury while under the care of a nursing home, contact Villari, Brandes and Giannone, P.C. Our team will investigate the cause of the injuries and determine who can be held liable for the accident. We will fight to hold those responsible to account.
- "Want to thank all of you once again not only for your professional services but your friendship and feeling like family through all of these past four years as we fought to rebuild Stefanie's life. I could not have made a better choice for helping us through this ordeal."
- "They are all very helpful, caring and they do everything to try to make sure you as a client are OK and get you what you deserve. I would recommend them to anyone. They are a great law firm."
- "I will happily be recommending your firm to anyone who may need your help in the future because of Jen, Eric and Brian."